Bowhunting is becoming more and more popular by the day. And it is no surprise. Hunting with a bow provides a greater sense of challenge to the hunter that makes each successful hunt even more satisfying. Bowhunting allows you to tune into your natural instincts and experience the thrill and excitement of the traditional methods of hunting.
If you have decided to try on bow hunting then you are going to need a proper bow to start off. As a beginner, you should be aiming at large game such as deer or elk. So, recurve bows are out of the question as it is very hard to draw weight on them. You need a proper compound bow that supports high draw weights and is easy to use.
So, with that in mind, we are going to discuss about Bear Archery Cruzer G2 review, Which is one of the best compound bow for beginners. Here, we are also going to talk about its specifications, features, pros, cons and the accessories included in the box.
bear archery cruzer G2 review
- Easy to use for both male & female
- Very nice for beginners
- Advanced grip design
- Very lightweight
- Great for users of various age groups
- Very versatile
- Made in the USA
- A little bit expensive
- Arrows don’t come with the bow
Brand: Bear Archery
Model: Cruzer G2
Type: Compound Bow
Draw length: 12″ – 30″
Draw weight: 5-70 lbs.
Bow length: 30″
Bow weight: 3 lbs.
Arrow speed: 315 FPS
Peep sight size: 3/16″
A Brief Overview
The Bear Archery Cruzer G2 was designed keeping beginner level hunters in mind. But that does not mean it is gawk. This bow is very versatile and can be adjusted to suit the experience and skill of the hunter.
A wide range of customizability is its most redeeming feature. This allows users to fine-tune the bow to their respective abilities and requirements.
It’s common knowledge that as a beginner you should be hunting large game such as deer or elk. But the larger game requires you to draw more weight. For a common large game, you are going to be needing somewhere between 40-60 lbs. But the strength and skill required to draw such amounts of weight need time and practice. And for that the Bear Archery Cruzer G2 is perfect.
Its draw weight can be customized between 5-70 lbs. So, while practicing you can start from the minimum draw weight you are comfortable with and gradually increase as you become more adept.
A common problem while using a bow is hand torque. Hand torque is when the bow tilts slightly to the left or right if you are left-handed when you hold the bow and take aim. To solve this problem Bear Archery came up with their own specially designed grip that eliminates the need for holding the bow in uncomfortable positions.
Another thing that I really love about this particular bow is that it is super lightweight. At only 3 lbs. the bow can be used by archers of various ages. It is also easy to carry around which is a huge plus point while hunting.
It is easy to tell that the Bear Archery Cruzer G2 was designed to suit archers of various skill levels to allow beginners a chance to learn the art of bowhunting. This bow also makes sure that experienced hunters are only limited by their own abilities and not by the bow. All of this makes the Bear Archery Cruzer G2 the perfect compound bow for beginners.
- Great versatility: The Bear Archer Cruzer G2 has a wide draw weight range of 5-70 lbs. This means you can easily customize the draw weight according to the type of game you are hunting and your skill. Having a high maximum draw weight allows you to hunt bigger and tougher animals such as bears, elks, deer, and moose.
- Great for various skill levels: Having a very customizable draw weight allows archers of various skill levels and age groups to use the Bear Archer Cruzer G2. So, no matter if you are a beginner or a pro you can just pick up the Bear Archer Cruzer G2 and perform your best.
- Lightweight: The Bear Archery Cruzer G2 is very light. The bow only weighs around 3 lbs. So, it is very easy to carry around which is a blessing while hunting on feet. Being lightweight also makes this compound bow perfect for children who are interested in learning archery.
- Advance Grip Design: Hand torque is a big problem while aiming as it increases the chance of a misaimed shot. Bear Archery’s advanced grip design helps to eliminate this problem and makes sure you don’t have to hold the bow in uncomfortable positions to keep it straight. Just hold it naturally and the bow will stay straight by itself.
- Made in the USA: The Bear Archery Cruzer G2 is made in the USA. This means it is easy to find replacement parts if any damage occurs to the bow. Also, being produced in the USA this compound bow is much less expensive than its foreign competitors.
- Bow Stabilizer
- 4 – Pin Sight
- 5 Arrow Quiver
- Peep Sight
- Nock Loop
The Bear Archer Cruzer G2 is a brilliant compound bow for beginners and veterans alike. It is easy to use, comes with many accessories, versatile and very customizable. Yes, it is a bit pricy. But for the sheer number of features and accessories, the Bear Archer Cruzer G2 costs the price which is more than justifiable.
If you are a beginner level bow hunter than I would definitely recommend you give the Bear Archer Cruzer G2 a try. You can trust me when I say that it will definitely not disappoint. Click here to check the latest price on Amazon.
So, we are at the end of our review of the Bear Archery Cruzer G2. I hope this was of help to you.
Good luck with your next Bowhunting!